amazon

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Doll bed "after"

With these chilly and rainy days we've had lately I finished up the doll bed we are giving Farm Girl for Christmas. I had found a not-in-great-shape doll bed in my parents old barn.


                                           Remember this from a couple posts back?


After a few small repairs and some paint, I got to work on the bedding. My super-quilter Aunt had sent me a bag of scrap fabric she had a while back and between that and a couple remnants I had picked up I had enough fabric to make a "mattress",


quilt (there are so many gorgeous quilt patterns but I always love a nine-patch), 
                                             
                                                    blanket, and three pillows.
                           It all came together pretty well, and I think she will really like it.



Please just ignore my ugly green carpet in these photos. In hindsight, I should've taken them in any other room where we have really nice oak floors instead of the one room with carpet!

There's that old adage about gift-giving "something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read" . I can't say we'll stick to that 100%, but I would like to come close. I always really liked that idea, it's so simple and would free up more time and money for the important stuff at Christmas. 

Well, now that I've spent all this time on Christmas talk, I think I'll go outside and enjoy this 70 degree October day!

This post was shared on http://www.tillysnest.com on the Down Home Blog Hop!

No comments:

Post a Comment